The Sprout program takes selected startup companies from a developed business plan through initial outside angel level investments.
A Sprout mentoring engagement is designed to run for three to six months. During this period, you should expect that your team will need to invest a minimum of 100 – 200 hours in order to complete the work required for a successful outcome. You will also be expected to enter into an equity agreement that compensates SoCo Nexus, and the Mentors, for their involvement. In addition you will be expected to be at least a FleX member of SoCo Nexus.
Our Commitment to our entrepreneurs
Sprout mentors work intensely with the entrepreneurs tailoring the program individually for each company in order to ready them for investment. Our mentors are experienced senior business people with profound expertise and at the top of their fields. Many of them are angel investors themselves significant personal networks and connections Sprout fellows are matched with mentors who see growth potential in their companies and have expertise in areas that are necessary to bring those companies to success. Fellows gain access to their selected mentors and the mentor group through intimate round table sessions, one-on-ones, informal time together and events designed to catalyze ideas and create community with other fellows, innovators and entrepreneurs.
How the Sprout program works
- Entrepreneur fills out on-line application
- Screening committee will review application.
- Companies that pass initial screening will be invited to pitch
Selected companies are provided a mentor for brief coaching to prepare for the pitch roundtable
- Entrepreneurs present to screening committee
- Accepted Entrepreneurs matched with a Sprout mentor
- Mentor works with Entrepreneur through a 3 phase 3-6 month process
- Current situation focus
- Future situation focus
- Company deliverables focus
- Upon successful completion of the program, the Mentor will make introductions to appropriate angel groups in the Bay Area with the endorsement and support of Sprout.
Sprout 3 phase mentoring process
Phase One - Review and Situation Analysis
- A thorough review of your company’s existing materials, including current investor documents, web sites, financial models, presentation(s) and industry research.
Phase Two- Goals, Objectives & Market Positioning
- Development of clear and measurable business goals and market positioning
Phase Three - Charting Success & Telling Your Story
- The learning in the first two phases will be applied to creating three critical deliverables that tell your company story and guide growth.
- Key Learnings Document – A summary of the key learnings from phases 1 and 2.
- Investment ”Elevator Pitch”: A clear and succinct investment snapshot that your entire team can consistently articulate.
- 18-Month Outline with Milestones: A set of operating milestones that provides your entire team with clear deliverables and timelines.
Sprout recognizes that every company is unique and we’re open to discussing adjustments to this scope of work to ensure that the program has the most benefit for participating companies.